In our last meeting, Perenti was clear. I am to help Bobby in manipulating the school doors. I start working all night and read about the security holes of the the door system of our school, in a WWW forum for system administrators. By dawn, I am able to manufacture a software key that would bypass the door's security system, smoothly as velvet.
As I make a copy of the software key for myself and prepare to e-mail another one to Bobby, I keep wondering if Perenti is aware of Bobby's intentions to lock him up in a room someday. I suppose that he must be aware, but given the situation he has to outsource some of the investigation tasks and, so, he trusts Bobby with such a key. I think to myself that that's what the man said: "help him", as I press the "Send" button.
Janus Research: for detective stories with a twist.
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment